Hello. New to forum. But, I did a search and couldn't find my problem. So, hopefully this isn't spam.
I have a 2005 2.7 SE Dodge Magnum.
For the last few months I been having suttle issues with the lights of the vehicle (best seen at night) fluctuating by dimming and brightening randomly.
The causes that have a high probability of causing the reaction is as followed:
- Revving the engine to 2k-2.5k RPMS at idle.
- messing with the driver and passenger window buttons.
- accelerating rapidly after 2nd gear (Extremely random occurrence)
- Accelerating from a stop to 45 mphs slowly, but firmly (Driving slightly faster than the typical grandpa.)
Something else to note: sometimes with the window wipers, if turned to setting speed: 2. It will intermittently switch to "HI." It also has a high occurrence of happening if I switch the knob quickly to speed setting 2.
At Idle, oh say waiting on a red light only, the engine will drop from 760ish RPMs to roughly 550 for a second, shake and catch itself, rev back to normal and everything is fine for the next minute.
This does not appear to ever happen in the tranny is in Neutral or Park. (This includes brake applied while in Neutral/Park.)
The main issues with these symptoms is that I appear to have:
- Loss of power
- Slightly poorer Fuel efficiency (missing 1-2 City and 3-4 HWY[20.3/25 No median in mixed driving. Mixed driving reverts to city mileage. When I first attained the vehicle it was always: 22/25/28])
- Random burst of power (Half Throttle-WOT)
- Random loss of power (Half Throttle-WOT)